What is The Resolution Centre?
The Resolution Centre is a leading offshore resolution centre in the Channel Islands. Our mission is to create a step change in how we use successfully engage in resolution processes with people, and build a more harmonious society and a better future, together. We do that providing through independent and impartial dispute resolution, learning and leadership interventions.
We are a Social Enterprise which means that our business is based upon strategies to maximise improvements in human and social well-being.
How can The Resolution Centre Help?
We are professional ADR specialists, intent on enabling success for individuals and organisations through leadership and conflict resolution.
Here you can find a Mediator, Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner, Facilitator, Arbitrator, Adjudicator or Trainer to help you or your organisation. We provide workplace, commercial, construction, community and family mediation Jersey
Who is The Resolution Centre for?
We provide dispute resolution services, training and leadership coaching for all sectors including Private, Commercial, Family and Workplace.
The Resolution Centre is a fully inclusive and confidential environment for everyone. We provide training and mediation for our local community in the Channel Islands and also work with companies internationally.
Additionally, we provide professional mediation training, coaching and workshops for lawyers and judiciary.
We work mainly in the Channel Islands and UK mainland, and offshore jurisdictions.
We’re intent on leading a cultural movement that changes how people are creating a much better future, together.
We believe in the power of the individual voice, the power of diversity, and the power of common goals.
Our values reflect our beliefs, and our behaviours that are most important to us in moving towards our vision.
Our Partners are Clair, James and Howard. We’d love to chat about how we can help you change things, over a coffee perhaps or come and see us (do email or let one of us know first, so that we can make sure we’re there!)
Lets put some names to faces, and if you’d like to contact our team more privately, please email firstname.lastname@example.org where our administrator will be able to ensure your message is dealt with privacy and discretion.
Lead Mediator for Hospital and Health Services in the UK.
Independent Advisor, Multi-faith diversity champion and Dispute Board advocate with Network Rail UK
Academic Partner QMU Edinburgh
The Resolution Centre and its partners are accredited by and/or members of:
The Resolution Centre is a Social Enterprise which means that our business is based upon strategies to maximise improvements in human and social well-being.
Our social impact is central to the mission of the business. We are financially independent, have defined social objectives and we operate within an environmentally responsible way.
We are a community focused company. Our social mission is as core to our success as any potential profit.
As a social enterprise, we commit to a social mission to tangibly increase well-being in our society through the much greater engagement in resolution services, and build a much better future, together.
We will do that through
- increasing the use of alternative resolution processes through The Resolution Centre and other ADR providers.
- reducing stress deriving from conflict, attitude and behaviours, and broken relationships.
- reduced sickness at work, less time in HR processes, less Court time, less stress, fewer allegations of bullying and harassment, fewer public profile conflicts, better negotiation in politics and in our lives
- Run our business so that we
- Make our money from delivering good business and services
- Cover our own costs in the long-term (though like any business, it may need help to get started)
- Put the majority of any profits back into achieving our social mission. We do that in three main ways
- We innovate new services and products
- We provide pro and low bono services
- We sponsor individuals and individuals
- Pay reasonable salaries to its staff
Find out more here: Social Enterprise Explained